Saturday, April 21, 2007

Hilarious Commercial

Skittles "Leak" is one of my favorite commercials. It launched in 2006 by TBWA/Chiat/Day. In terms of effectiveness, I'm not really sure how effective it is. But it is incredibly funny and simple.



Ian Reichenthal, group creative director and copywriter, said, "We don't want our strategy to show because this is a target group that doesn't want to be marketed to. Teenagers and young adults just don't respond to pat category strategies like, 'Having a sad day? Eat this, have a happy day.'" (Mediaweek)

I'm going to be up front and say that I've wanted to post this for a while, but it's also for Tom and Jim at Barkley in Kansas City, whom I interviewed with yesterday. I hope you enjoy it as much as I do.

No comments:

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 United States License.