Tuesday, March 20, 2007

Like A Rok

I usually get my news from the Drudge Report. One of the stories of interest linked to the Washington Times. A banner ad for the Chevrolet Cobalt was shown above. Battle of the Bands in a few major cities? That's cool. But there was something wrong.



Sponsord? To make sure "sponsord" wasn't spelled that way on purpose, I googled it and found a few hits. Since one of the hits was a site from the UK, maybe it's spelled differently? But I don't think so; I think those hits are misspellings of their own.

Surely the company responsible is a large agency, because Chevrolet is a very large company. I gave them the benefit of the doubt and clicked the banner ad to see what it was all about. I was taken to a micro site called ourcobalt.com. To my amazement, the same misspelling came up. How does this happen? Was there a rush in production for the client, or is this just carelessness? How could this pass the creative director, the client, and possible others within the agency?

What are your thoughts on this blunder?



Update (12:50 AM, March 22, 2007): I ran into another one on the CourtTV Web site.

No comments:

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 United States License.